Frequently Asked Questions#
- FAQ: General Usage
- Why does Manim say that “there are no scenes inside that module”?
- No matter what code I put in my file, Manim only renders a black frame! Why?
- What are the default measurements for Manim’s scene?
- How do I find out which keyword arguments I can pass when creating a
- Can Manim render a video with transparent background?
- I have watched a video where a creator ran command X, but it does not work for me. Why?
- When using
MathTex, some letters are missing. How can I fix this?
- I want to translate some code from
manim, what do I do with
- My installation does not support converting PDF to SVG, help?
- Where can I find more resources for learning Manim?
- FAQ: Getting Help
- How do I animate X? Why do I get error Y? Can someone help me?
- What should I do if nobody answers my question?
- The library does not behave as documented, or something broke in a new release. What should I do?
- I have an idea for a really cool feature that should be implemented, where should I share my idea?
- FAQ: Installation
- Why are there different versions of Manim?
- Which version should I use?
- What are the differences between Manim, ManimGL, ManimCairo? Can I tell for which version a scene was written for?
- How do I know which version of Manim I have installed?
- I am following the video guide X to install Manim, but some step fails. What do I do?
- Why does ManimPango fail to install when running
pip install manim?
- I am using Windows and get the error
X is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
- I have tried using Chocolatey (
choco install manimce) to install Manim, but it failed!
- On Windows, when typing
python3the Windows store is opened, can I fix this?
- I am using Anaconda and get an
ImportErrormentioning that some Symbol is not found.
- How can I fix the error that
manimpango/cmanimpango.ccould not be found when trying to install Manim?
- Where can I learn more about Manim’s internal structure?
- FAQ: OpenGL rendering